I previously wrote an article about 8 tips to compassionate leadership and will link it for you below. In this article, I will take it a step further, addressing mindfulness and self-compassion – after all, how on earth can we as leaders be compassionate towards others if we are not firstly compassionate toward ourselves?
SEE FULL VIDEO BELOW
We make hundreds' of Tips to MINDFULNESS Decision Making each and every day if we realise or not. Decision are a manifestation of our thinking. Mindfulness, helps to clear out thinking process, so we can make the correct decision for the given situation.
Therefore, This article aims to strengthen your skills to boost your best possible decision-making abilities to enhance your business and your life.
Mindfulness Awakens Compassion
In the first instance, let’s look at mindfulness in the context of decision making.
In concise terms, mindfulness has been defined as paying attention to purpose in the present moment. If you are paying attention, you will automatically become more compassionate to yourself and the people in your environment.
Westernized mindfulness has yielded many positive findings, and practitioners, studies, and patients have been found to cope with pain, stress, emotional exhaustion, and other factors influencing stress and overall health as measured through various questionnaires and brain imaging scans. Further than having a broader awareness, mindful individuals are more creative and are more likely to find innovative solutions to complex problems. The studies have shown that mindfulness helps people handle multiple tasks more effectively, so we know that mindfulness is not just another new age scam but serious science!
By being in a mindful state regarding decision making, you can see the depth of the issues you face more clearly and shift your attention more quickly to what is most needed. The ability to shift your attention quickly and respond suitably is essential to good decision making.
The Five Tips
1. It can be natural and automatic for us to pass judgment before we know the facts; however, this is not a process that leads to success. Mindfulness helps decision making by developing the ability to be non-judgmental of the inner experiences of oneself and others. Also, having the ability to disengage from initial thoughts and reactions allowing space and time for a full appraisal of the facts and different perceptions before a decision is reached.
2. A lot of us go about our daily business mind-less-ley. Mindfulness helps decision making by developing observation by attending to sensations, thoughts, and feelings, creating an acute awareness of the self, others. We become more keenly aware of the environment and the developing changes, which gives us the stimulus to make the right decisions.
3. I am a procrastinator and have found that mindfulness helps decision making by giving us how to spring into action with awareness. The awareness of the details of one’s actions is an excellent plus because you are not overtaken by distractions but can remain focused.
4. Mindfulness helps decision making by putting into thought-forms descriptions of what is really going on effectively. When you are mindful, you become aware of your thought process better and, therefore, develop the ability to correctly ascertain and convey core and peripheral observations.
5. Being highly sensitive, most of my life, I had got into trouble by reacting to a situation immediately, and usually, it was to my detriment and of others. However, I have found that mindfulness helps decision making by giving you the ability to perceive your inner emotions and others without having to react to them - Knee jerk reactions are gone forever (that’s the goal)!
I hope that these tips help you to make good, solid decisions. That does not imply that you will never make a wrong decision- of course, you will – you are only human after all! However, being mindful will significantly improve your chances of making stress-free choices that work to grow your business and your life!
A true leader brings their best selves to work every day. My new course will bring out the leader in you by learning to work through stressful situations. Find out how by signing up for my NEW Course is Live on Udemy. Mindfulness Masterclass for Stress Relief -
NEWS FLASH!! This year I will be offering my courses and books dir
ctly from my website- so keep a watch out for that!!
Thank you for visiting me here; I hope this post was helpful to you.
If it was, please follow this blog, you’ll find a button on the lower bottom right and leave a comment with any questions or prayer requests.
Also, please sign up for my newsletter, where you will get great tip
s and deals to help you live life on purpose, mindfully achieving success and happiness for your mind, body, and soul.
Thank you for visiting me here and being part of this new community!
Insightful Blog Posts for women who are courageously learning to create an independent, meaningful, and healthy lifestyle.
Browse the top menus and take a course for Stress Relief and Management. Coming up, I'll have a few videos on how to develop your mindfulness wellbeing journey.
If this post was helpful to you, I would love to hear from you. Feel
free to contact me if you need support or share any thoughts you may have, we are on this journey together through life. I look forward to your next visit here and remember.
Your Best Life is Yet to Come!
✔BOOKS BY PAULA available at AMAZON in the UK, USA, Aust;
📚Nothing Good about Grief: Path to recovery with Psalm 23 after COVID-19 & other losses.
📚Psalm 23 Unwrapped: Hope in difficult times
📸 Instagram: paularoseparish2020
To Listen to PAULA'S POD CASTS https://anchor.fm/paula-rose-parish